I have been struggling with falling asleep and staying asleep the past few weeks. I noticed that this causes me to have few, sporadic dreams, and the dreams I do remember I am only left with snippets.
Last night I slept nine-ish hours (yay!) and I do remember my dream:
- I was in an orphanage, similar to an Annie orphanage in size and shape, except this orphanage was nice and everyone was super friendly.
- The orphanage was by the beach, and the ocean water crashed onto the shore. it felt very calming, to just stare at the ocean.
- On the other side of the orphanage was a bay, and people were building a dock.
- At one point, someone indicated that the dock was in the wrong place, so two workers simply lifted the entire dock and moved it to a new spot. It seemed almost cartoon-like, the ease in which they lifted the dock.
- Near the bay was a field of tall grass, and on the other side of the grass was a retirement community.
- Elderly people say on the outdoor porch of their community, watching the children play in the field.
- The entire dream felt to me like something out of a period piece or a portrait, very hazy, almost in sepia tone, and very relaxed.
After a quick internet search, I see the ocean can symbolize a lot of different elements in dreams. Must do more research.